First day of school food!

Hi! I'm Hannah. I'm going to be posting book reviews, recipies, things I'm excited about, and any new things I find that are post worthy. I'll be posting mainly once a week.
 Lets start with a recipe. Every year on the first day of school we have chocolate waffles for breakfast. We love covering them in whipped cream and strawberries and they are amazing that way.

 
       Ingredients: 
  • 3 cups flour
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 cups milk
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 stick butter (melted)
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cups choc chips
Step one: Preheat waffle iron

Step two: In a large mixing bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder. Then add remaining ingredients. 

Step three: Cook acording per waffle irons insructions.

Then you can top with strawberries and whipped cream like we do, or you can top with chocolate syrup, bananas, really anything. These always start the day off right!
              

Comments

Popular Posts